Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Tuk Tuk Possibilities



As regular blog readers know (and are probably sick of hearing by now), I am planning on retiring from my job as the bookkeeper of a local Denver bookstore chain at the end of next month.  And as the time gets nearer, I have to ask myself if I really want to retire?  Perhaps I just want to do something different for a while. And once again I began to think about being the owner-operator of a tuk tuk, the ubiquitous 3 wheeled taxi found throughout Asia, especially in India.  I checked the internet (always a source of reliable information) yesterday and found that someone tried to introduce tuk tuks into Denver in 2015.  I don't know if they are still in business or not, but from the photographs I have seen, they made a big mistake - the tuk tuks they were using were brand new, with no character at all.  I personally think what people would really go for is riding in a tuk tuk like the one in the photograph above, parked permanently at the Denver Zoo.  Hell, maybe the zoo would sell it to me for a bargain price.  I am a member, after all.  Fame and fortune here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment