Sunday, July 29, 2018

Visiting The Cheesman Park Art Fest



I attended the Cheesman Park Art Fest yesterday afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It takes place every year in Denver's Cheesman Park, which was turned into a park from a cemetery back in the 19th century. That action provoked a lot of anger from the spirit world, so don't go there after dark.  In any case, the day was overcast and not too hot, and there were a number of photo booths to visit, too.  This is the 6th year of the festival, and I think I have visited every one so far.  Most of the artists are from Colorado and New Mexico, but there are also some artists from other parts of the country, including Florida.  One of the Florida artists - Marty Hulsebos - is from Naples, Florida, but a lot of his work consists of black and white landscapes of Colorado, and so I assume he must have a place in Colorado, too.  How decadent.  Another artist is from Palm Bay, Florida, which I know well, because I am usually driving through it around 6:00 A.M. going from the Orlando, Florida airport after a red-eye flight from Denver to my sister and my condo in Stuart, Florida.  And owning that condo is NOT decadent, since we inherited it from my mother.  In any case, I think the best photography was by Andrew Roth, who is from West Bend, Wisconsin and takes many excellent portraits from around the world, including a fellow kissing his camel, which I have featured on this blog before.  Check out his work at http://www.andrewrothphotography.com/portfolio/.

No comments:

Post a Comment