Saturday, July 7, 2018

Chicago Memories



Today I am featuring a photograph that I took of our family back in Chicago in 1970.  I have featured it before on this blog but am featuring it again because it shows (from left to right) my mother Mary, brother-in-law George, sister Susan, and father Nelson, all in good health at the time.  All my grandparents were still alive back then too, not to mention all the cousins on my mother's side of the family, who lived close by.  At the time Susan and George were living at 1130 South Michigan Avenue, just across the street from Grant Park, enjoying all that downtown Chicago had to offer, which was - and still is - a lot.  My father was 61 years old at the time, 4 years younger than I am now.  I was a mere lad of 17 at the time, jealous as hell of Susan and George's lifestyle.  A very wonderful time, and it is so sad that I didn't realize it at the time.  Life is precious - enjoy it and the people around you while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment