Monday, July 9, 2018

The Cherry Creek Arts Festival - Part II






The Cherry Creek Arts Festival finished up it's run Sunday afternoon for another year, and as usual, was a big success, with hundreds of thousands of visitors.  As I mentioned yesterday, there is a lot of competition to get into this show, which is Denver's largest and most prestigious art festival, and takes place in one of Denver's wealthiest neighborhood.  If I was in the market for a sculpture for my condo, like the ones in the photograph on the left, this is where I would buy it. I wonder if they throw in the pedestal for free?




It has been a year since I was last in this area, and I was surprised at all the new buildings, almost all with fancy shops or restaurants at street level and apartments or offices above.  Where the Wizard's Chest once stood is now a fancy new restaurant, and that famous Denver institution is now located on South Broadway.  On my walk past the booths, I noticed the street artist in the photograph on the right drawing a portrait of woman on the sidewalk.  I wonder if he was sanctioned by the organizers, or if he was a "renegade artist" taking advantage of the big crowds to make a few bucks.  I didn't stick around to see if he was dragged away kicking and screaming, his work of art still unfinished.  Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment