Friday, November 23, 2018

Back To The Tried And True On Black Friday



It suddenly occurred to me that I have not resorted to posting my standard cliche photographs of both snowfalls and sunsets on the blog lately, and so felt I needed to remedy this oversight at once.  We had a snowstorm last week which produced maybe 3 inches of snowfall here in Denver and around 6 inches in Fort Collins, and since I was driving up to Fort Collins that day, decided to take a few photographs up there.  The one on the left shows my sister Susan's townhouse complex after that snowfall.  Fort Collins, as most people know, is the home of Colorado State University, which helps to add a lot of vibrancy (by which I mean bars, restaurants, and brew pubs) to Old Town, as downtown is known there.  Fort Collins is also home to a number of microbreweries, which also is a staple of the economy there.  College and beer.  I wonder if there is a connection?



And of course, there are always very pretty sunsets over the foothills west of Fort Collins.  That is where Horsetooth Reservoir is located, a popular boating and hiking spot in the summer,  but a little bleak in the winter - which it currently is up there.  When my mother would come to visit, she would refer to this park area as Whore's Tooth Reservoir, which is much more colorful but frankly does not describe the rock formation  the area is named after.  In any case, the photograph on the right is one of my cliche sunset shots looking west over my sister's townhouse complex.  And I must say, I do indeed like Fort Collins, but am not sure I would want to live there.  As opposed to Lakewood, Colorado, where I am damn sure I wouldn't want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment