Tuesday, November 13, 2018

My Dream Car



My friend Mark, who works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library) has frequently asked me what my favorite car is, and now I think I have finally found it.  It is a Plymouth, no less - a 1932 Plymouth.  I saw it at the Forney Museum of Transportation last week, and I must say I am impressed.  I never thought I cared much for Plymouths, but I was wrong.  This car speaks to my inner sporty self.  It is like something they would have driven in Bringing up Baby or Topper.  Both of those movies starred Cary Grant, by the way, whom I have been told I closely resemble (see above photo if you don't believe me).  It is well known that cars depreciate tremendously every year - especially Plymouths - and so I am sure I can pick up one of these babies for a song.  It might need a new paint job from Maaco, of course, but then let the good times roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment