Saturday, November 17, 2018

Watching Leeds Play Wigan



I brought a pizza over to my friend Mark's house last night and we watched a soccer match between Leeds and Wigan (And yes - Wigan is indeed a town).  Mark was told by a friend of his who lives in Leeds that Leeds played very well that day, and Mark recorded the game to watch later.  I assume by "playing well" that his friend meant they actually won the game, which they did.  Mark has a lot of friends in and around Leeds, has visited there a number of times, and plans to go back again soon.  And as I have mentioned several times before, Lonely Planet named Leeds the 5th best travel destination in Europe last year.  I also have to mention that Lonely Planet is ceasing publication of it's travel magazine as of this month.  I wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment