Friday, November 29, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!



Sometimes I don't know what holidays my family are celebrating in old photographs, but I can say with almost 100% certainty that the photograph above of my sister Susan, brother-in-law George, and mother Mary was taken on Thanksgiving Day.  It was definitely a bright, sunny, and warm Thanksgiving, not the cold and snowy holiday we are celebrating today. Colorado can have a lot of extreme weather in just a few hours time, thanks to its elevation.  During the winter, it can approach 70 degrees one day, and the next be below zero.  Some years there can be almost no snow at all, and other years we get dumped on.  I hate to say it, but I think we are probably in for a nasty winter this year, based on the weather so far.  Which of course will not stop Coloradans from wearing shorts the entire time.  It must be the altitude that makes them crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment