Friday, November 15, 2019

Remembering Denver's CowParade



As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I recently took a walk around downtown Denver, and eventually headed down 14th Street toward Civic Center Park.  As I was passing Territory Kitchen and Bar, located in the downtown Hilton Garden Inn, I noticed two cow sculptures on their patio, left over from Denver's CowParade back in 2005.  That was an event in which local artists painted those cows, which were then placed all over town, and afterwards auctioned off to raise money for charity.  I thought it was really a lot of fun, and the very next year, when I went to Florence, Italy, experienced the CowParade there, too.  Out of curiosity, I googled this event and found out that it is still taking place in cities around the world, this year in Salvador, Brasil. Good for them.  Check out the CowParade website at http://www.cowparade.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment