Wednesday, November 27, 2019

The Big Snowstorm





The weather forecasters predicted we would be getting a major snowstorm here in Colorado Monday night and Tuesday, and for once they were right. I drove up to Fort Collins Monday afternoon to take my sister Susan around on her errands, and the snow started up there around 1:00 in the afternoon.  By the time Susan and I went out to get food to bring back, the streets were snow-packed and slippery. I decided to stay over in Fort Collins to avoid a dangerous drive home, and when I woke up the next morning, the patio was covered in 16 inches of snow, as seen in the photograph on the left.





I shoveled the driveway a little bit at a time, cleared off the car, and went back inside to watch the weather reports.   The snow finally stopped, and the sun came out in the afternoon. I took Susan's dog Blackberry out on a walk (the first time in two days she was willing to go outside) and then headed home to start defrosting my Thanksgiving turkey. The roads were snow packed, but traffic was light and I got home in a timely fashion.  The only sour note is that my building does not plow the individual parking spaces, which put me in a "fowl" mood.  And yes, that is indeed a joke.  You get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment