Saturday, November 16, 2019

The Christmas Season Has Arrived. And Way Too Early, I Might Add...



The Christmas tree has gone up at Denver's Union Station, which in recent years has been remodeled into a collection of upscale bars, restaurants, and shops, including a branch of the Tattered Cover Bookstore, where I used to work as the bookkeeper. And therefore, at least here in Denver, the Christmas season has officially arrived - way earlier than ever before, at least as far as my faulty memory can tell. As can be seen in the photograph above, the tree is located in front of the Terminal Bar, which is named after a famous bar of the same name, which was located just down the street, and is now - sadly - the home of Jax Fish House. The old Terminal Bar, by the way, was a favorite hangout of beat generation author and poet Jack Kerouac, who I am sure would be horrified at the price of beer at it's recent incarnation.  I feel your pain, Jack. Believe me. And as for the early start of the Christmas season, it just means more time to be jolly, right?  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment