Friday, November 29, 2019

More Thanksgiving Nostalgia!



I have no idea if the above photograph of my mother Mary, sister Susan, and brother-in-law George was taken on Thanksgiving Day or not, but I do know it was taken in the dining room of Susan and George's townhouse up in Fort Collins, and that it was the occasion of some such festive event.  Whether it was Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, or some other holiday, we were all together and happy, and that's what really counts.  Yesterday, it was just Susan and I - along with her two dogs, Tutu and Blackberry - having Thanksgiving dinner at my condo in Denver, and we were truly grateful to still have each other.  I would have taken a photo, but Susan refuses to let me photograph her these days.  And the fact that she is often holding a sharp knife in her hand when she tells me not to photograph her makes me think she might really mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment