Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The Infamous Denver CowParade / DU Bookstore Collage










After I posted a blog last week about Denver's CowParade back in 2005, I remembered that I had done a collage that year featuring both cows from that event and the staff of the University of Denver Bookstore, where I worked as the Finance Manager for almost 30 years.  It only took a few days for me to remember this, since a copy of the photograph is sitting on one of my living room bookshelfs.  I also once did a Christmas collage featuring the staff, but God only knows where that photograph is stored. In any case, it is both fun and frightening to look at that collage, seen in all it's glory on the left. It is fun to remember those times and the people I worked with, but frightening to see how much younger we all looked back then.  Was there really a time when my mustache wasn't all white?  Hard to believe.  In any case, this collage was done before my friends and former co-workers Valarie and Bill, among others, started working at the store.  However, I later did a "Blurb book" called The Book on the DU Bookstore, which features portraits of them and the others as well.  Be sure to check it out at https://www.blurb.com/b/1230340-the-book-on-the-du-bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment