Sunday, November 10, 2019

Still More Nostalgia





I took the photograph on the left back when my parents and I were living in Country Club Hills, a suburb south of Chicago that had neither country clubs, hills, or even trees.  I suspect we were having a get-together for Peggy, my mother's best friend, who was visiting from Connecticut.  In the photo from left to right are Margaret White, my mother Mary, and Peggy.  The three of them grew up together in the south side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, and remained friends throughout their lives.  My mother always got a kick out of this photo because of the way she was looking at Peggy.  I believe it was taken in the late 1960s or early 1970s, before my parents moved to Stuart Florida.









The photograph on the right shows my mother (on the left) and Peggy at the beach back in the late 1930s.  I am not sure if it was Rainbow Beach on Chicago's south side or along the Indiana dunes, which was a popular spot for Chicagoan's to visit back then.  In any case, I did NOT take this photograph (how the hell old do you think I am?), and I am not sure who did, but am glad to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment