Friday, July 1, 2022

Saints Of The Shadow Bible


I just finished reading Saints of the Shadow Bible, by Ian Rankin. I picked it up at a Little Free Library just down the street from where I live. I read the summary of the story on the back cover, and it sounded pretty familiar, but as it turned out, I had never read it before. And it was actually very good. It is an older work, and centers around Edinburgh Detective Inspector Rebus coming out of retirement and working two cases - one investigating the the murder of Scotland's justice minister, and the other investigating the handling of a murder case by a detective team he was once part of many years ago. It was well written and a real page turner, and I liked it even more than Rankin's newer mysteries, which feature a much older, retired, and crankier Rebus, still sticking his nose into police department business. All Rankin's books are good, however, and so whichever one you pick up, you will no doubt like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment