Wednesday, August 17, 2022

A Nice Addition To The Neighborhood...


My sister Susan and I, along with her dog Blackberry, have been stopping by the Denver Beer Company's South Downing Street location every so often this summer to have a pint of beer on their patio. It is the third location for the brewery, after the first location in Denver's Lower Downtown and the second in Olde Town Arvada, and just a short drive from my condo. I never went to the downtown brewery since it is so crowded all the time, but the South Downing location is just too handy to resist. The patio there is packed on weekends, but despite this we have always found a seat, and Blackberry is always welcomed by the staff like a long lost friend. I must admit, the beers there are more expensive than at the New Terrain Brewery out in Golden, a personal favorite, but on the other hand, New Terrain is 25 minutes away from my condo, while the Denver Beer Company on South Downing is a mere 1.5 miles door to door. To decide which was cheaper, I would have to calculate the cost of gasoline to and from New Terrain versus the higher beer prices, sales tax added on instead of being included in the price, and additional tip due to waitress service at Denver Beer Company, but whenever I think about it, I just tend to say the hell with it and order a pint. Life is too short, even for a cheapskate like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment