Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Are All These People From California, Or What?


I took the above photograph last week as my friend Stuart and I were leaving Stella's Coffee Haus on Old South Pearl Street here in Denver. I was just amazed at how many people were in line across the street to get into Izakaya Den, a local sushi restaurant. Are all these people refugees from California, home of the true crazies, where they actually like to eat raw fish? Or is it another example of people being brainwashed via social media to believe that sushi is actually good for you? It is raw fish, people! Just try ordering raw fish at a tavern on the South Side of Chicago, where I grew up, and see what the reaction is. Of course, back there, I am sure everyone at the bar will join together to talk you out of it, just as if you announced you were going to become a Cubs fan. No one on the South Side - White Sox fans all - would ever let that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment