Thursday, August 18, 2022

The Acoma House


Every time I go to the Denver Art Museum (the DAM), I park a block or two south of the museum and always pass by The Acoma House, which was a boarding house back in the early 1900s and located on - get ready - Acoma Street. It is pretty hard to miss, since an entire side of the building features a mural called "This is the Wildlife," seen in the above photograph. I finally got curious enough to google the place, and found out that several years ago a couple decided to buy it and turn it into an Airbnb. They then hired 28 artists to decorate 25 rooms, in addition to the hallways and stairwells. It sounded like a fun idea, and the photographs of the redecorated rooms in the online articles are very impressive. It was supposed to open in the spring of this year, but I could not find a website for it. I suspect the opening has been delayed, but can't say for sure. Perhaps I will pop in next time I am heading to the DAM and just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment