Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Lamenting the State Of Chicago's Baseball Teams At Old Chicago


My friend Stuart - seen in the photograph above - and I had a late lunch at the Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom in Lakewood, Colorado yesterday afternoon, and neither of us was happy with the state of baseball in Chicago. Stuart, who is originally from the North Side of Chicago, is a Cubs fan, but the team is in a rebuilding mode, and is currently 20 games under .500 and 15.5 games out of first place. I myself am originally from the South Side of Chicago, and a White Sox fan, and although the Sox are 1 game over .500 and only 2 games out of first place, they are in a very weak division and have been very mediocre all season. They often split series with very bad teams when they should actually be dominating those opponents. They could very well make the playoffs, but if they play somebody good, I can guess what the outcome will be. Of course, being a life-long White Sox fan, I am usually able to find a dark cloud behind every silver lining. And I am seldom wrong, at least as far as baseball is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment