Sunday, July 14, 2024

Happy Bastille Day!






Today is Bastille Day in France, marking the start of the French Revolution back in 1792, and to celebrate this holiday, I am featuring a photograph that I took of the Eiffel Tower back in 2019. I have watched people celebrating Bastille Day on the PBS television show Rick Steve's Europe, and it truly looks like fun. However, what with the crowds, the additional expense, and the difficulty of finding a hotel room, I think I will skip attending that celebration for the foreseeable future. And I suspect I am not alone. In fact, the same issues will apply to the Olympics being held in Paris starting this month. I saw on the news the other night that Delta, which has the most flights to Paris of any airline, is losing a fortune because everyone who is not attending the games is avoiding the place. No problem - I am sure they can just make it up by putting off other expenses, like maintenance. What could go wrong? 

No comments:

Post a Comment