Sunday, July 21, 2024

The Pirate's Loft




My sister Susan - seen in the photograph on the left - and I had dinner last night at the Pirate's Loft, a restaurant located at the Pirate's Cove Resort and Marina in Port Salerno, Florida. The patio deck there has a great view of the marina and Manatee Pocket, which leads to the St. Lucie Inlet and the Atlantic Ocean beyond. We used to dine there with our mother Mary every time we visited her, and the place has not changed very much at all. However, I was surprised when a band started playing on the dock below. I thought they were playing for the diners up on the patio. They started with Born to be Wild and then moved on to the Beatles' I Saw Her Standing There (in other words, geared to our age group - old), but I later learned there is a Tiki Bar just below us along the dock, and so I assume there was a large crowd grooving to the music down there.  





As I gazed out at the marina, I recognized one of the boats - a deep-sea fishing vessel called Safari I and seen in the photograph on the right. This particular boat was here when we used to visit our mother, which was over 15 years ago. As I recall, there was also a Safari II, but I believe it sank one night during a very wild party. In any case, I have heard that ships can last for over 30 years if well-maintained, and so I am sure it is perfectly safe to head out into the ocean on it and catch a marlin or two, if that is what you want to do. However, dining on a patio deck and looking down at it is quite enough for me, thank you very much. Susan and I both enjoyed our dinners at the Pirate's Loft and are glad to see it is still doing well after all these years. We will definitely be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment