Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Thoughts On The Mountain Sun Brewery And Vine Street Pub




I walked past the Mountain Sun Brewery when I was up in Boulder on the 4th of July, and it looked like it was doing a pretty good business. It is located just to the east of the Pearl Street Mall, in what to me is a very prime location. It has been many years since I have been in there, but I used to stop at their sister location on 17th Street in Denver, the Vine Street Pub. I did not frequent it all that much, because like the Mountain Sun, it would only take cash or checks. And I am famous for having no cash. Darrel, my friend and former University of Denver colleague and his wife, Linda, went there once and did not have any cash. However, the Vine Street Pub provided them with an envelope to mail the payment to them, which was a really nice gesture. and seems like something from a different era.





In any case, the Vine Street Pub closed down during the pandemic in 2020 and stayed closed for 4 years. It only reopened, to great fanfare, I might add, last month, with hours from 3 until 9 Wednesday through Sunday. And as you can see from the photograph on the right, it is just as popular as ever. And best of all, they now accept credit cards. Years ago, I went there with my friend Stuart to have dinner. We each ordered a beer, and then realized it was a cash only place. We dug in our pockets to see if we could come up with enough cash to pay for the beers, which we did, and then headed to a place that did take credit cards. Now, after all these years, we can finally return there one of these days and continue with that dinner. At last! 


No comments:

Post a Comment