Monday, May 2, 2022

A Warning To All Florida Tourists - Monsoon Season Is Coming Soon!


Today is May 2nd, which means that it is exactly 30 days until the start of monsoon season in Florida. My mother Mary and father Nelson retired to Stuart, Florida from Chicago back in 1976, and my sister Susan and I would go down to visit them 2 or 3 times a year. As I recall, May was just fine, but anytime I visited during the month of June, it seemed to rain 24/7. Of course, June 1st is also the start of hurricane season. Humorist Dave Barry, who lives in Coral Gables - near Miami - has famously stated that the weather in Florida is just fine, except during hurricane season, which runs from June 1st through May 31st. That might be a slight exaggeration, but I would still stay away from Florida in June. And by the way, the photograph above was taken by me of my sister Susan and mother Mary on Stuart Beach sometime during the last century. What year I can't remember, but it sure wasn't in the month of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment