Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Mother's Day!


Today is Mother's Day, and in honor of this special holiday I am featuring a photograph of my mother Mary and myself on the 5th hole at the Monterey Yacht and Country Club, in Stuart, Florida, where my mother and father Nelson retired to from Chicago back in 1976. They both loved Stuart. My mother did not play golf before moving there, but soon learned, and made many friends while playing that 9-hole, par 3 course. My father passed away back in 1983, but my mother continued to live at Monterey for almost the rest of her life. And although the complex does have a yacht club, there are no yachts there. due to restrictions on dredging in the St. Lucie River. No matter - there were plenty of yacht club parties even without the boats, which I suspect was the purpose of the place all along. Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment