Wednesday, May 18, 2022

The View From Washington Park


I took a walk around Denver's Washington Park a few weeks back, where I took the above photograph of Smith Lake, with Mount Evans, a fourteener 35 miles west of Denver, in the background. The peak is still covered in snow, although the Mount Evans Scenic Byway - the highest paved road in North America and which goes all the way to the summit - is supposed to open in time for Memorial Day. But frankly, it is much easier just to walk around Washington Park and look at Mount Evans from there. And as a lifelong cheapskate, I have to add that it is much cheaper than driving there. In other words, it is a win-win situation, although I hate that kind of business-speak. I say just enjoy the view, and the hell with the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment