Thursday, May 12, 2022

One Hot Day At The Zoo




It hit 90 degrees here in Denver for the first time this year, and many of the animals at the Denver Zoo seemed to be feeling the heat. The lions in the main compound on Predator Ridge were either sleeping or just hanging out in the shade, trying to stay cool, as seen in the photograph on the left.  And the lions in the zoo's other pride, in the smaller compound, were all sound asleep. But at least they were all outside. The tigers were evidently all indoors, enjoying the air conditioning and watching the soaps on TV. You would think, since they come from tropical climates, that they would enjoy this weather. All spoiled by creature comforts, I guess.







I was happy to see that the female lion in the photograph on the right was willing to pose for the camera - in a fairly scenic locale, no less - despite the heat. The sun did not seem to bother her, and I have to assume that she is giving me her winningest smile. I have to wonder what she is thinking about as she stares at me? Who is this guy and why is he taking my photo? Will he put it on the internet? Or is she just considering dinner options if she ever gets out of that compound?







The hippopotamus in the photo on the left seemed to be enjoying the day the most, staying cool by playing with a ball in his pool. I know that I have posted a similar photograph in a previous blog, but frankly, I don't care. It would be kind of fun if one of the zoo interns would go into the compound and play ball with that hippo, but I am sure that there are regulations prohibiting such a thing, although that would make a great photograph, which is what really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment