Sunday, May 15, 2022

Biking Chicago's Lakefront Back In April Of 1973


I took the above photograph during a bike ride along Chicago's lakefront in April of 1973. Back then I was living with my parents, Nelson and Mary, in south suburban Country Club Hills (which has neither hills nor country clubs) and going to school at the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT). I think on this particular occasion my sister Susan and brother-in-law George came along on the ride, too, although I often rode alone. It is a truly beautiful bike path that passes through both Grant and Lincoln Parks. Once my parents moved to Stuart, Florida back in 1976, I moved into a studio apartment in Forest Park and had no room for a bike. Five years later I moved to Denver, and so it has been well over 40 years since I last took that ride. It is definitely time to head back to Chicago and get on that bike trail again. Be sure to look for my "Go Fund Me" page, which will appear within the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment