Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Bye Bye Baby


I just finished reading Bye Bye Baby, the latest Spenser private eye novel by Ace Atkins. The series' creator, Robert B, Parker, passed away a number of years ago, but his widow hired Atkins to continue the series. And I am glad she did. I can't tell the difference between his and Parker's writing. And are the stories as good? Many actually are, although the important thing is that all the characters, including Spenser, his girlfriend Susan Silverman, and his sidekick Hawk live on through these novels. I must admit, Bye Bye Baby is not one of Atkin's best, but it is still a Spenser novel, and it is reassuring he is still wandering the streets of Boston fighting the bad guys. And why is the book titled Bye Bye Baby? I am still trying to figure that one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment