Thursday, May 19, 2022

Hanging Out With Stuart On Old South Pearl Street


I had a late lunch with my friend Stuart at a Qdoba's here in Denver, and afterwards we headed over to Stella's Coffee Haus on Old South Pearl Street. Stella's has been around for over 30 years, and Stuart - seen in the photograph above - and I both had a couple of decafs on the coffee shop's front patio. Eventually, I looked across the street and saw a line of people a block long waiting to get into a popular sushi restaurant when it opened at 5:00 P.M. Seriously. TO EAT RAW FISH! I myself would never stand in a line to get into a sushi restaurant. However, I would be more than happy to stand in a line that long to get out of a sushi restaurant. If I were them, I would immediately go a few doors down to Kaos Pizzeria, get a table on their patio/garden, have a couple of happy hour beers, and ask themselves why in God's name they would want to eat raw fish. Back on the South Side of Chicago, where I grew up, you would be sent for a mental evaluation if you even suggested such a thing. And with good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment