Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Very Strong Recommendation


I ran into Carol (my friend and a former DU Bookstore coworker) and her husband Greg last Friday night at the Carson Art Gallery, where Carol is having a major exhibit of her work.  Somehow the conversation turned to the subject of ghosts.  Greg related the tale of how Carol, alone in a condo in the middle of the Colorado mountains, and while reading The Shining (by Stephen King), decided to throw the book behind the sofa, in hopes she would not be able to get to it anymore and would no longer be scared out of her mind by reading any further.  After hearing that, I immediately bought a copy and definitely intend to read it.  I just love books that suggest there are scarier things in this world than reality.  Thanks for the recommendation, Carol.  I will let you know if the book has the same effect on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment