Thursday, September 26, 2013

The End Of The Season And The End Of A Career


I attended the last Colorado Rockies game of the season here in Denver last night, although due to my part-time job I was two hours late.  Nevertheless, I was still able to see the last half of the game.  Plus, an elderly couple (in other words, older than me) left at the top of the 6th inning and gave me their seats right behind the batters box.  Last night was Todd Helton's (number 17 in the photograph above) last game here in Denver as the Rockies first baseman - he is officially retiring from baseball - and there was a major celebration down on the field.  As I watched all this from my seat, I couldn't stop thinking to myself that these people actually paid Ninety-Five Dollars each for these seats and left with half the game remaining.  If I paid Ninety-Five Dollars for a seat at a baseball game, I would insist on sitting there the entire night.  "Wake me up at dawn, stadium ushers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment