Thursday, September 12, 2013

Nostalgia Time!


A week or so ago I wrote a Blog concerning the virtues of South Side Chicago pizza, which made me very nostalgic for the good old days back in the Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago, where a pizza from Vito and Nicks was a major treat.  The member of our family who went most crazy when we brought home a pizza from there was Irma, our pet beagle, seen in the photograph above being held by my father in the backyard of our house on South Aberdeen Street.  Standing next to him is my sister Susan and Grandmother Spillard. If only we could invent a time machine and go back to the happy days of our youth.  Of course, it would probably cost a fortune, on par with a commercial flight to outer space.  On the other hand, what the hell.  It would only be a one way trip.  In any case, if you are interested (and who wouldn't be), check out more about Chicago and my old neighborhood in my New York Times bestselling book "The Journey Home: Returning to Chicago" (http://www.blurb.com/b/1361398-the-journey-home-returning-to-chicago).

1 comment:

  1. Where did you live on Aberdeen? I lived at 88th and Laflin, 91st and Throop, and 92nd and Laflin. I went to Saint Ethelreda. What school did you go to?

    ReplyDelete