Monday, September 23, 2013

Still More Nostalgia!


My parents moved to Stuart, Florida, from Chicago in 1976, and my sister Susan and I would visit them down there several times a year.  While living in Florida, my father put on a little weight, and so whenever we would go out to a restaurant, my sister would tease him by saying that the other restaurant patrons were whispering that Sidney Greenstreet (who played the role of "The Fat Man" in the movie The Maltese Falcon), had just walked into the room.  My father took this little jibe in good humor and laughed it off, but as I look back, maybe Susan had a point. Check out the photograph of Sidney (on the left) and my father, Nelson Hoyt (on the right).  Is there a resemblance, or was my sister just being a stinker?

No comments:

Post a Comment