Friday, September 20, 2013

The New Improved Stinkmobile


Years ago I managed the Hatch's Bookstore at the University Hills Mall here in South Central Denver, and my friend Stuart (pictured above) worked there part-time in the evenings.  One day, for a reason I now forget, he told me to feel free to call him anything, even Stinky.  I mentioned this to another employee, Joanne, who really perked up when she heard this.  Every afternoon from that day forward she would look out the window of the store, and when Stuart drove up in his rather ugly Chevy, she would announce "Here Comes Stinky in his Stinkmobile!"  I mention this because now Stuart will only drive Toyotas, and is very particular about how his car looks.  As for me, not so much - if the cars runs, no problem.  In other words, guess who's driving the Stinkmobile now.

No comments:

Post a Comment