Monday, September 2, 2013

Chicago Pizza - North Side Or South Side?


My friend Stuart returned home from a brief trip to Chicago to visit family last night, and I picked him up at Denver International Airport, conveniently  located somewhere close to the Kansas State line.  On the ride back, Stuart mentioned that he and his sister and brother ate the best pizza they had ever tasted the other night at a place called Riggio's, located in Niles, a northern suburb of Chicago.  Could Riggio's pizza actually be better than such South Side legends as Vito and Nick's or Aurelio's?  I think not!  Aurelio's actually opened a branch in Denver (on the south side of town, naturally), but people here were so freaked out because the pizza slices were square instead of pie shaped that the place was forced to close it's doors. What is the deal with Denverites?

1 comment:

  1. Nobody, and I mean, nobody, can beat Vito and Nick's! Gotta say that when I was young we used to have a great place in Brainerd called Geneo's Pizza. Great thin-crust pizza and roast beef with Italian gravy. I can still smell that great smell in my memory. No way North Side pizza can beat that!

    ReplyDelete