Friday, September 27, 2013

Drinks With Wally At Jordan's Irish Pub!


I met up with my good friend Wally tonight to have a couple of pints at Jordan's Irish Pub, located just across the street from the University of Denver.  Wally still works at the DU Bookstore and keeps me informed about what is happening there.  And as Wally tells it, virtually nothing new is going on these days at my old stomping ground.  Definitely no surprise there.  In any case, Wally regaled me with tales of some of his very fascinating family members and his equally fascinating in-laws, and gave me a couple of his favorite books to peruse.  Wally is a great fan of the late humorist Jean Shepherd, and so any recommendations by him need to be taken seriously.  Thanks for the books, Wally! A detailed book review will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment