Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Rare Weekly Doubleheader - Both Baseball And World Cup Soccer...


I went to Coors Field here in Denver with my friend Mark (seen in the photograph above) Tuesday night to see the Colorado Rockies play the St. Louis Cardinals, and will also get together with him tonight to watch the World Cup soccer match between the U.S. and Germany.  I watched the game between England and Uruguay with Mark last week, and was very surprised to find that the game took only about 90 minutes or so.  I had expected it to last at least 7 to 10 hours at a bare minimum.  Mark is also a cricket fan, and tells me that those games do indeed often last 10 to 12 hours.  In that case, I'm afraid Mark will have to count me out for the next televised cricket match, although I suspect cricket does explain why the British (as well as their former colonial subjects) have that dazed look on their faces all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment