Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Denver Post Visits With It's Readership At the Rick Stevesathon


The Denver Post - being one of the official sponsors of the Amazing Adventures Travel and Leisure Expo - had a booth at the event last Saturday staffed by Suzanne Brown, Colorado Lifestyle Editor (in the photograph above on the left), and Kyle Wagner, the Post's Travel Editor (on the right).  My friends Darrel and Linda and I talked with them a while, which I felt was important, considering the fact that the three of us probably make up 30% of their hard-copy readership (not that I'm saying the newspaper business is in trouble, or anything).  In any case, talking with them gave me a great idea.  Rick Steves, during his talks, stressed that Americans should travel far outside their comfort zone to better understand the rest of the world, and specifically mentioned Iran as a great place to visit.  Perhaps if the travel section gets a little extra money in their budget and their regular writers are too sane to do it, I could get an assignment as a stringer and travel to Iran to do an article. I would even keep the expenses down by staying at the Motel 6 in Tehran (any of their 7 metropolitan locations would be just fine).  I just hope The Post wouldn't exhibit any skepticism about the project, such as buying a 7 million dollar life insurance policy for the trip payable to them.  We are talking "win win" here, after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment