Saturday, June 7, 2014

Linda's Birthday!


Yesterday was both Linda's birthday and the 80th anniversary of the Bonnie Brae Tavern, a South Denver landmark, and so it was a double celebration.  Linda is, of course, the wife of Wally, my friend and former co-worker at the DU Bookstore, and in honor of her birthday (I assume), the Bonnie Brae Tavern lowered the price of beer to 80 cents.  Yes! Eighty Cents!  I haven't seen prices like that since back in Chicago, when the old Florence Hotel in the Pullman neighborhood used to advertise nickel beer on a huge banner I could see as I rode past on the Illinois Central, commuting to a job downtown at Highland Electric.  But I digress. After celebrating at the Bonnie Brae, we had cake and ice cream at Linda and Wally's house, where I took the above photograph, despite Linda's protestations about taking any Blog photos.  And you can see how that turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment