Monday, June 23, 2014

Hillary And Me - Or Is It I?


Hillary Clinton will be signing her book Hard Choices at the bookstore where I work today, and the entire staff is abuzz with excitement.  Since I work in an office just a few yards from where she will be sitting, I was originally planning to just pop out the door on the way to lunch, take a few photographs, and then be on my way.  Then I learned that if I did that, the Secret Service would shoot me.  As regular Blog Readers know, I am perfectly willing to make any sacrifice to "get the story," but if they shot me, who would upload the photograph?  Therefore, I had to come up with a Plan B, which was to actually buy the book and take a photograph while standing in line.  I hate to complain, but it cost me $25 (US Dollars, no less) to purchase the book and obtain position number 611 in the line.  I'll have you know that I have met other famous presidential candidates, including both Jerry Brown and Ralph Nader, and none have ever insisted on 25 Big Ones to take their photograph.  But I am not bitter.  Much.  I am getting two Blog photographs out of this - the one above and the one - I hope - of Hillary today, which brings the cost down to $12.50 each.  After all, I remember back in the good old days spending hour upon hour trying to take a photograph, with just the right lighting, of the bar at the late lamented Jordan's Irish Pub, which used to be located just kitty-corner from the University of Denver.  I often spent at least $12.50 taking those shots (my dedication to photography and this Blog knows no bounds). And so, let the signing begin!  Can't wait to meet you, Hillary!

No comments:

Post a Comment