Friday, June 6, 2014

Adventures With The RTD (Ready To Detain) Transit Police


I know the above photograph is artistically not so great, but I damn well intend to use it since I almost got arrested taking it.  I am a great believer in taking photographs of anything and everything, in hopes that one might turn out good, which is why I took a photograph of the engineer's compartment of an RTD Light Rail train.  I thought nothing of it, until I was confronted by two RTD Transit Police officers.  They told me that taking a photograph like that was highly unusual behavior and immediately called their supervisor to see if I should be taken in for questioning.  When a bystander asked why they were hassling me for taking a photograph, they reported him to their supervisor, too.  While I was eventually let go with a stern warning, I couldn't help but note that all of this came just a week after a local television station reported that RTD bus drivers were being assaulted left and right these days here in Denver.  I am glad to see that RTD has their priorities straight.  You can always hire new drivers to replace the dead and injured in this tepid job market, which allows them to instead concentrate on apprehending suspicious terrorist types, such as moi.  You go, RTD!  Al-Qaeda doesn't stand a chance now!

No comments:

Post a Comment