Saturday, July 26, 2014

Chihuly II


As I mentioned in yesterday's Blog, I went to the big Chihuly exhibit at the Denver Botanic Gardens Thursday night with some of my old University of Denver pals, and really enjoyed it. In the photograph above are Wally, my friend and former DU Bookstore colleague (on the left), and Mark, my friend who works at DU's library (on the right).  Chihuly is a master with glass, and Wally, Mark, and my friends Bill and Renee (see yesterday's Blog photo) went to the exhibit looking for ideas on improving their gardens.  I suggested that they check out the garden department at the local Wal-Mart.  Surely Wal-Mart has a Chihuly collection, just like the Martha Stewart collection at rival chains.  At least that is what I would tell the authorities when they find various works of art like in the photograph above in your garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment