Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chihuly's Big Chance!


I went to see the Chihuly art exhibit at the Denver Botanic Gardens last week (see photograph above) with my old University of Denver pals and their spouses, and I had a great time.  Now that I appreciate Chihuly's genius, I think he has a great opportunity to endear himself forever to the citizens of Denver.  After loaning his impressionist masterpieces to the Denver Art Museum this past spring, Frederick C. Hamilton decided to donate his $100 million dollar collection to the museum permanently.  I think Chihuly should consider doing the same thing.  His glass masterpieces would make wonderful streetlights in Denver's various funky neighborhoods.  Talk about a lasting legacy!  As Nike says, just do it, Chihuly!

No comments:

Post a Comment