Monday, July 28, 2014

It's Back!!!


My beloved 1987 4-door Honda Civic was found by the ever intrepid Englewood, Colorado Police Department early Saturday morning.  I got a phone call at 1:30 A.M. telling me that it had been abandoned at the very top of the parking garage at Swedish Hospital and that I needed to pick it up right away.  I tried calling a taxi, but was told it would be an hour's wait (Denver bars close at 2:00 A.M.and taxis are popular at that hour) and so wound up having to bike there instead.  I have to assume that someone walking past my parking lot had a medical emergency - possibly a woman going into labor - and decided to take the most reliable form of transportation - my car - to the hospital.  I'm still not sure why it took over a week to discover my stolen car.  Perhaps hospital security thought it belonged to a wealthy doctor on an extremely long shift.  In any case, the steering column and ignition are pretty screwed up. but I am sure that my insurance company will take care of everything, perhaps even throwing in a new paint job.  The important thing is that I once again have wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment