Saturday, July 12, 2014

Portland Impressions



Last Monday, before flying home to Denver after the Hoyt Family Reunion, I rented a bike and rode around the City of Portland, Oregon.  I must say, I am still not sure what to make of the place.  I started out by biking up into the hills overlooking the city, which was a very pleasant experience.  Besides lots of beautiful homes up there, they also have a lot of parks, and in some places it seems like you are biking in a forest instead of a major city.  After that, I rode along the river for a while, and then checked out the downtown and some of the neighborhoods.  The river area is nice, and the downtown seems okay, but I think it is the neighborhoods that make Portland so popular.  There seem to be a great number of places there where people can live and work and walk to the local coffee shops, bars, and markets, and live a relaxed, laid back, granola-based lifestyle.  And while that may not be what international jet-setters such as myself would choose, it certainly seems like a pleasant enough lifestyle.  And so here's to you, Portland!

No comments:

Post a Comment