Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Life Itself...


I went to see Life Itself, the documentary about Chicago Sun-Times Movie Critic Rodger Ebert, with my friend and former co-worker Valarie this past Sunday night.  I enjoyed seeing all the clips about Ebert's life, and felt a great deal of nostalgia about those years when Siskel and Ebert at the Movies was the number one show on public television and we were all much younger.  However, it was difficult to watch the struggles Ebert faced in his later years.  I must say, he dealt with those health issues with tremendous dignity.  When he returned to the hospital with pneumonia after an incredibly  heroic struggle and told his wife that he had lived a wonderful life and that it was time to let him go, I must say it was an emotional moment.  May we all be able to say the same thing at the end of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment