Monday, July 21, 2014

Dinner And A Movie With Valarie


I went to the movie Life Itself with my friend and former DU Bookstore co-worker Valarie last night at the Mayan Theater on Broadway here in Denver.  Before the film, we had dinner at The Hornet, a restaurant right across from the theater.  It was good to catch up with Val on everything, but I was a little put out by the fact that she does not consider the theft of my car the tragedy that I do.  In point of fact, she said it was "way past" the time for it to go and was in all likelihood an "act of God" to let me know it was time for a new (or newer) car.  Evidently Valarie is not a lover of vintage automobiles.  And she wants to visit Cuba, land of the vintage automobile?  She would definitely freak out down there if she can't handle an '87 Honda Civic.

No comments:

Post a Comment