Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I Don't Believe It! My Beloved Honda Civic! Stolen!


As the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for - it might come true. I wasn't very happy with the Blog I had written for today and was hoping for a more exciting topic to replace it with.  However, I now realize that exciting is WAY overrated.  I walked out of my condo building yesterday morning on my way to the bus stop and to work and was shocked to find that my classic, mint condition 1987 Honda Civic 4-door Sedan was not in its parking spot.  I didn't want to miss work, and so I rushed off to catch the bus and called the Denver police from there.  The dispatcher said they needed to send an officer out to take my statement, and he could either come to my place of work or to my residence after I returned home.  I took the after work option.  All I needed was to have two Denver police officers coming to the bookstore where I work, asking to see me.  It would immediately confirm everyone's suspicions.  Even now my co-worker Peter suspects I must have been celebrating the World Cup finale or partying with my World Lacrosse Championship pals and just left my car somewhere around town.  Let's face it - I am definitely the Rodney Dangerfield of the book business.  In any case, I hope to get the car back, but I assume by now it is being shipped off to a classic car collector in Europe or the Middle East, or possibly even the Orient.  And I have definitely learned my lesson. My next car will be something more prosaic and common, a car nobody would want to own. Perhaps an Audi.  I wonder if my friend and former co-worker Bill will sell me his (at a steep discount)?

No comments:

Post a Comment