Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Chihuly Or Kerouac?


I had to make a major decision today - which of two great artists to feature first on my Blog this week. And what do these two great artists have in common?  Nothing, as far as I know.  However, I understand that both Kerouac and Chihuly used to drink at some of the same bars when they were in Denver, although not at the same time.  In any case, Kerouac won the honor, mainly because of his close connection to Denver.  As I mentioned in yesterday's Blog, he used to drink at the old Terminal Bar - which has been reincarnated as a yuppie hangout in the newly remodeled Union Station, by the way - and also spent a lot of time on Colfax Avenue.  Now if Chihuly had only designed some of the city's streetlights, things might have been different. Eat your heart out, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment