Sunday, December 21, 2014

An Early Christmas Present from RTD


My classic 1987 Honda Civic Sedan is dead.  Dead, but not forgotten, since it is sitting in my parking space and I will need to find a way of disposing of it.  But on the bright side, Denver's RTD (Regional Transportation District) has installed a bus stop sign right in front of my apartment building.  In fact, if I am running late in the morning, I could even leap from the balcony of my 4th floor condo and still catch the bus to work.  Talk about wonderful!  Of course, this location has always "officially" been an RTD bus stop, but since there were no signs to indicate it, the bus drivers would refuse to stop there, even if you begged, pleaded, and started crying uncontrollably, which I have done on more than one occasion.  In any case, since the signs are now up, I will be able to avoid having to walk those 8 precious minutes to the University of Denver Light Rail Station each morning.  Talk about a really great Christmas gift!  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment